If you sense a need to accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord, now is a good time to settle this matter with God. Ask God to speak to you as you read the following Scriptures:
- Romans 3:23 – All have sinned.
- Romans 6:23 – Eternal life is a free gift of God.
- Romans 5:8 – Because of love, Jesus paid the death penalty for your sins.
- Romans 10:9-10 – Confess Jesus as Lord and believe God raised Him from the dead.
- Romans 10:13 – Ask God to save you and He will.
To place your faith in Jesus and receive His gift of eternal life you must:
- Recognize that God created you for a love relationship with Him. He wants you to love Him with all your being.
- Recognize that you are a sinner and you cannot save yourself.
- Believe that Jesus paid a death penalty for your sin by His death on the cross and rose from the dead in victory over death.
- Confess (agree with God about) your sins that separate you from Him.
- Repent of your sins (turn from sin to God.)
- Ask Jesus to save you by His grace (undeserved favor).
- Turn over the rule in your life to Jesus. Let Him be your Lord.
If you need help, ask a pastor, a deacon, or other Christian friend for help. If you have just made this important decision, call someone and share the good news of what God has done in your life. Then share your decision with your church.