Hello Friends & Family of FBCH,
Beginning at 8pm on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021 (repeating nightly), we will be hosting a nightly prayer group for all in our congregation, as well as anyone from our family and community circles.
We know that this can be a difficult time of year so we wanted to offer a safe space to come together in prayer for each other, the community of Haddonfield and even those beyond. As mentioned, this meeting is for everyone and anyone who needs prayer through this season. Please see the ground rules and Zoom link for hybrid attendance below.
1. This is a safe space intended for all kinds of prayers. With that in mind, we will hold all in prayer who are attending, reserving our thoughts and opinions in this space. To make this effective, we will be allowing everyone to speak about their prayers freely without advice and without feedback.
2. This prayer will be done in "popcorn" style where someone speaks a prayer need into the space, then we all allow for a time of silence between each prayer. This silence should not be broken, especially with advice, direction, correction, or words of any kind. The hope is that everyone feels welcome to share their needs (big or small) without judgement or assistance.
3. If the person is praying for assistance, Rev. Miller will take a note of that and someone from the church will reach out to that person individually, outside of this prayer time.
4. Rev. Miller will open us with an invocation of the Holy Spirit, a brief mention of these general rules, and then open the space for all to speak when and if they wish.
5. We will not call on anyone who has not spoken and will offer them the space to join our hearts with them in prayer.
6. The time will close with a final prayer from Rev. Miller once it seems everyone who wishes to speak has had the opportunity. This will be done at the discretion of Pastor Miller.
We understand that silence can be a challenge, and that most advice comes from a deep desire to help. Yet, if all goes well, there may be many circumstances when there will be others joining us who may not hold the same exact beliefs. This is not a time for debate or Bible study, rather it is simply a time to support.
Thank you for your participation, your reservedness, and your prayers. I look forward to letting our love and lights shine brightly in this present darkness. We look forward to seeing you all, and hopefully many new faces, as well as getting to know your needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Rev. Miller if you have any follow up questions or concerns. May God bless you this Advent season!
Topic: First Baptist Haddonfield - Nightly Advent Prayer Group
Time: This is a recurring meeting, each night at 8pm until Christmas Eve.
Join Zoom Meeting (Please copy and Paste link into your browser)
Meeting ID: 840 2596 3747
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,84025963747# US (New York)
+13017158592,,84025963747# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 840 2596 3747
Find your local number: